Video: Paris Hilton presents her new Handbag collection

    Posted: September 24th, 2010
    Comments: 2

    Paris Hilton and Hallmark reach a settlement over Hallmark lawsuit

    Reported the Hollywood Reporter

    Paris Hilton has settled a lawsuit against the company over a controversial greeting card that featured a scene seemingly ripped from her old reality show “The Simple Life.” The caption read “Paris’s First Day as a Waitress” and made a pun on her trademarked catch phrase, “That’s Hot.” In 2007, Hilton sued, claiming her publicity rights had been violated.

    Last week, attorneys for Hilton and Hallmark advised a California judge that they had reached a settlement. A confidentiality provision limits the release of exact terms, but we have reason to believe Hilton walked away with a favorable package.

    When the heiress filed suit in 2007, Hallmark struck back with an anti-SLAPP motion citing free speech protections.

    The case made its way up to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, which handed Hilton a huge legal victory last year. The appeals court rejected Hallmark’s protected-speech argument and raised doubts that the greeting card was “transformative” expression. The case was remanded back to a lower court.

    Since then, the two sides have been preparing for a December trial. Evidence was being collected to ascertain the commercial value of Hilton’s endorsement.

    Now, pending a judge’s blessing, the case is over.

    Hilton’s name will be stamped in law review articles discussing the tricky balance between publicity rights and the First Amendment—but we may never know exactly what Hilton’s publicity is really worth.

    Posted: September 24th, 2010
    Comments: 1

    Official cancellation of Paris Hilton’s personal appearances in Asia

    Press Release

    Due to reasons beyond the control of Miss Paris Hilton and her partners, Paris Hilton Handbags is deeply sorry to announce the cancellation of Miss Hilton personal appearances and interviews during the Paris Hilton Handbags Asian Tour that were scheduled to start on Wednesday September 22nd 2010 in the city of Tokyo, Japan and then visit the cities of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on September 24th and Jakarta, Indonesia on September 25th.

    Miss Hilton arrived on September 21st, 2010 to Narita Airport, located in Tokyo Japan, and was involved in a series of negotiations with the immigration authorities. After long consideration Miss Hilton decided it was in her best interest to return to her homeland.

    Paris Hilton Handbags the brand, wishes to apologize to all the followers, partners and media expecting to meet Miss Paris Hilton. We kindly invite you to participate in the activities programmed for the Paris Hilton Asian tour and visit Paris Hilton Handbags stores to be found in 28 different locations all over the world.

    Posted: September 23rd, 2010
    Comments: 3

    The event will go on in Malaysia… without Paris Hilton

    Reported by the Star Malaysia

    Paris Hilton’s trip to Malaysia is sponsored by Miwaki Sdn Bhd, the sole distributor of Paris Hilton Handbags, and Prestige Products (M) Sdn Bhd, which distributes her fragrances.

    “Paris was advised to return to the United States,” said a representative for both companies.

    The event will now continue without her presence. It will be held at 2.30pm tomorrow at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur.

    Immigration director-general Datuk Abdul Rahman Othman said Hilton would have had to undergo stringent checks by authorities at the KL International Airport should she make the trip to Kuala Lumpur.

    He said the Immigration Department would not ban visitors with drug offences from entering the country unless requested by police.

    Posted: September 22nd, 2010
    Comments: 6

    Picture: Paris Hilton arrives in Los Angeles

    Posted: September 22nd, 2010
    Comments: 1

    Consequences of drug conviction catch up as Paris Hilton is forced to leave Japan

    Paris Hilton was forced to leave Japan and had to cancel her entire Asian promotional tour after pleading guilty to drug possession.

    Her publicist said in a statement: “‘I’m going back home, and I look forward to coming back to Japan in the future. Paris is very disappointed and fought hard to keep her business commitments and see her fans, but she is forced to postpone her commitments in Asia. Paris understands and respects the rules and laws of the immigration authorities in Japan and fully wishes to cooperate with them.”

    An immigration official at Narita International Airport, Kazuo Kashihara, suggested that Paris should have applied for an entry permit before her arrival instead of “[showing] up the day after [pleading guilty].”

    It was also reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal that the Japanese officials took the decision to temporarily ban her after receiving a copy of the drug plea deal from District Attorney David Roger.

    Paris told reporters that she will go back to Japan in the future, and her publicist added that the promotional tour has been postponed to a later date.

    So has all this unnecessary mess affected the sales of her products? According to FOX News, no. Associates at LA Macy’s are saying that Tease is in fact still “doing very well.”

    Posted: September 22nd, 2010
    Comments: 2

    Disappointment over Paris Hilton’s canceled visit to Indonesia

    Reported by the Jakarta Globe

    Tokyo was to be the first stop on the 29-year-old celebrity socialite’s Asian tour, during which she also planned to visit Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta, where she was going to attend the opening of her namesake store at Grand Indonesia mall.

    Teges Prita Soraya, senior marketing manager at Grand Indonesia, conveyed her disappointment over Hilton’s canceled visit.

    “We have to appreciate the decision made by Paris and her managers. We deeply apologize to our Twitter followers who have been participating in the quiz,” she said, referring to a contest on the microblogging site for two people to join Paris at the planned opening party on Saturday.

    Roslina Situmeang, marketing manager of Pesona Harumi, the license holder of Paris Hilton Handbags & Accessories in Indonesia, also apologized for the cancellation.

    “The official launch and grand opening of the store, however, will go on,” she said.

    “Only the lunch was canceled. We have refunded the money for those who bought tickets, but some people still wanted to donate to the Children Oncology Foundation.”

    Roslina previously said that the Rp 2 million ($240) tickets for the planned luncheon at the Y&Y restaurant in Pacific Place had sold out by last Saturday.

    Proceeds from the luncheon were to go to the Children’s Oncology Foundation, a charity that helps to fund research programs looking for cures to various types of cancer.

    “The events will still go as planned, except for the lunch and Miss Hilton’s attendance, and the donations will still be given to the foundation,” Roslina said.

    Posted: September 22nd, 2010
    Comments: none

    « Previous entries Next entries »