Paris Hilton causes commotion at LA video game expo

    Paris Hilton unveiled her new video game on Thursday, but inexplicably called it by the wrong name as she greeted throngs of fans and photographers.

    Wearing a green minidress and red platform pumps, Hilton made a brief appearance at the Electronic Entertainment Expo to promote “Paris Hilton’s Jewel Jam.”

    “Sorry I’m late,” the heiress said. “I’m really excited to have my new video game, ‘Diamondquest.’ Thank you all for coming, and you can download the game.”

    After Hilton arrived, men in business suits jockeyed for space with reporters and computer geeks as she sat at a table posing for photographers while signing autographs.

    Her game, which can be played on a cell phone, will be available this summer. Video game maker Gameloft will produce a series of video games with Hilton.

    The expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center showcases the latest innovations in the video game industry.

    Posted: May 12th, 2006
    Comments: none

    Splitsville for Paris and Stavros

    It’s apparently over for Paris Hilton and Greek shipping heir Stavros Niarchos.

    “So it would appear. Yes,” Hilton publicist Elliot Mintz told The Associated Press on Tuesday of the reported breakup.

    “I’m not going to deny that there was a split,” he said.

    Mintz would not provide further details.

    Hilton, 25, and Niarchos, 21, began dating last year. The hotel heiress and “The Simple Life” actress announced in October that she was ending her engagement to Paris Latsis, another Greek shipping heir.

    “The Simple Life,” which features Hilton and ex-friend Nicole Richie thrown into normal jobs and responsibilities, has been dropped by Fox. But the show was picked up this season by E! and renamed “Simple Life 4: Till Death Do Us Part.”

    Posted: May 2nd, 2006
    Comments: none

    Paris Hilton to be in mobile video games

    Paris Hilton is taking her celebrity status to the very small screen. The hotel heiress/reality TV star has agreed to use her likeness in a series of mobile video games.

    The deal between Paris Hilton Entertainment Inc. and Paris-based mobile game publisher Gameloft includes a game geared to teenagers scheduled for release this summer.

    Gameloft would not give any details about what players would do but said the game is part of a category of simpler titles that includes puzzlers and card games.

    “My phone has become an all-in-one entertainment device and mobile games are an integral part of that,” Hilton said in a statement. “Mobile gaming is really hot right now and I’m excited to be part of this project.”

    Posted: April 19th, 2006
    Comments: none

    Rappers Three 6 Mafia recording with Paris Hilton

    Oscar-winning rappers Three 6 Mafia say they are producing and recording tracks with Paris Hilton.

    “We ran into her at a William Morris Agency party and she said she liked our song `Stay Fly’ and asked could we work with her,” said Jordan “Juicy J” Houston, a member of the Memphis hip-hop group.

    Houston said the group was in a Los Angeles recording studio Tuesday with the hotel heiress and reality TV star.

    “We let her listen to a dance track and she really liked it and plans to record it tonight,” Houston told The Commercial Appeal newspaper by phone Tuesday.

    He said that since the group won the Oscar for best original song for “It’s Hard out Here for a Pimp” from the film “Hustle & Flow,” they have been swamped with all sort of requests.

    The trio will be back in Memphis to receive a key to the city Saturday, deemed Three 6 Mafia Day.

    Posted: March 29th, 2006
    Comments: none

    Court signs off on unusual restraining order against Paris Hilton

    A court commissioner has signed off on an unusual restraining order against celebutante Paris Hilton, ordering her to stay at least 100 yards away from an event producer who claimed she threatened him — unless they’re at a party together.

    Brian Quintana was granted the three-year restraining order against Hilton last month after he testified that the celebutante harassed and threatened him after their friendship soured.

    Because Quintana, 37, and Hilton, 25, occasionally attend the same social events, their attorneys drafted an untraditional restraining order that was approved by Superior Court Commissioner Tim Murphy on Monday.

    The agreement stipulates that when they attend the same parties, “the stay-away distance may be shortened to 25 feet,” according to court papers.

    Hilton spokesman Elliot Mintz has said his client wants nothing to do with Quintana and is happy to keep her distance from him.

    Quintana testified that he met Hilton on the party circuit a few years ago and later introduced her to future boyfriend Stavros Niarchos III.

    Quintana said their relationship soured after he urged Niarchos to reconsider dating Hilton.

    Posted: March 8th, 2006
    Comments: none

    Vegas clubs warned about Paris’ new beau

    Two Las Vegas clubs have been put on notice for allowing Paris Hilton’s underage boyfriend into their establishments on New Year’s Eve.Tao Asian Bistro in The Venetian and Body English at the Hard Rock Hotel received warning letters last month from the Clark County Business License Department after investigators determined that Stavros Niarchos, 19, was allowed into the clubs.

    Hilton, co-star of “The Simple Life” TV reality series, recently celebrated her 25th birthday.

    Both clubs were told they had violated county code, but were not issued citations because operators had cooperated with county agents, the letters said.

    A security guard caught on a surveillance tape escorting the couple into the club was fired and the doorman who did not ask Niarchos for identification was suspended, said Jim Bowen, vice president and chief financial officer of the Hard Rock Hotel.

    Several years ago, the resort made news when it ejected an underage Britney Spears.

    Before heading to Body English, Niarchos had been denied entry to Tao. The club then opened an adjoining bistro and “effectively created a nightclub environment,” Business License Director Jacqueline Holloway wrote to Tao co-owner Rich Wold.

    “Tao maintains a strict door policy and the staff never allows patrons under the age of 21 into the nightclub, regardless of their celebrity or status,” the club said in a statement.

    Tao is not owned or operated by The Venetian hotel-casino.

    Posted: February 28th, 2006
    Comments: none

    Court grants restraining order against Paris Hilton

    A court commissioner issued a restraining order Tuesday against celebutante Paris Hilton, ordering her to stay away from an event producer who claimed she threatened and harassed him.

    Superior Court Commissioner Tim Murphy approved the restraining order after Brian Quintana, 37, testified that Hilton, 24, shoved him on at least three occasions and badmouthed him.

    Quintana testified that he met Hilton a few years ago on the Hollywood party circuit and they had a social relationship. He said that he became friends with Stavros Niarchos III in September 2004, introduced him to Hilton and the two started dating.

    Quintana said his relationship with Hilton soured after she interrupted a conversation in which Quintana was urging Niarchos to reconsider dating her. Quintana filed a police report and a request for a restraining order Dec. 29.

    Hilton spokesman Elliot Mintz said the celebutante was happy to keep distance between herself and Quintana.

    “If this results in Mr. Quintana having to have a distance between himself and Paris Hilton, she’s delighted,” Mintz said. “She doesn’t wish to have anything to do with this man.”

    Posted: February 8th, 2006
    Comments: none

    « Previous entries Next entries »