Hilton still shooting ‘The Simple Life’

    Paris Hilton says she isn’t giving up The Simple Life just yet. “We’re shooting Nov. 1,” said the 24-year-old hotel heiress, who had a front-row seat at the Louis Verdad fashion show Sunday. “All the networks are fighting over it.”

    Fox said last week it had canceled the reality show starring Hilton and Nicole Richie. The network said its midseason schedule didn’t have a time slot for a fourth season of the show, prompting speculation the feuding ex-friends no longer proved compatible.

    Hilton said she and Richie will continue working on The Simple Life because other networks want it.

    Last week, 20th Century Fox Television, the studio that produces the show, said it hopes The Simple Life will move to another network — with Hilton and Richie.

    “We believe this series … is still a dynamic and valuable franchise,” the studio said. “We hope to be able to announce a new network partner in the coming days.”

    Bunim-Murray Productions, which produces the show with 20th Century Fox, also released a hopeful statement: “We’re very excited about the creative plans for the next group of episodes, and are confident this situation will be remedied quickly.”

    Hilton’s friend Kimberly Stewart, Rod Stewart’s 26-year-old daughter, dismissed as “rumor” reports that she had been touted as a replacement for Richie.

    But Stewart was coy about doing a future project with Hilton, telling reporters Sunday, “You never know.”

    In April, Hilton issued a terse statement saying it was “no big secret that Nicole and I are no longer friends. Nicole knows what she did, and that’s all I’m ever going to say about it.”

    Hilton has given no reason for the split.

    Posted: October 17th, 2005
    Comments: none

    Fox cancels ‘The Simple Life’

    The network said Wednesday it has canceled the Paris Hilton-Nicole Richie reality series after the show’s two stars no longer proved compatible.

    The feuding ex-friends will not return for a fourth season, even though the network had picked up the options on their contracts.

    Fox said its midseason schedule didn’t have a time slot for the show.

    “We did not see a place for The Simple Life on our schedule this season,” the network said in a statement.

    However, 20th Century Fox Television, the studio that produces the show, hopes The Simple Life will move to another network — with Hilton and Richie.

    “We’re disappointed that The Simple Life will not continue on Fox where it has performed so well, but we believe this series … is still a dynamic and valuable franchise,” the studio said in a statement. “We hope to be able to announce a new network partner in the coming days.”

    Bunim-Murray Productions, which produces the show with 20th Century Fox, also released a hopeful statement: “We’re very excited about the creative plans for the next group of episodes, and are confident this situation will be remedied quickly.”

    Us Weekly first reported the show’s cancellation. When reached for comment, Hilton didn’t sound as though she expected the show to return.

    “I’m really excited about my movie projects, my new album and all my various other business ventures,” she told the magazine.

    The fish-out-of-bottled-water show started in 2003 with Hilton and Richie — both accustomed to plush lifestyles — spending the spring in the town of Altus, Ark., doing farm chores and working at the local dairy and gas station.

    The series continued for two more seasons, including an “intern” edition in the business world.

    But in April, Hilton issued a terse statement saying it was “no big secret that Nicole and I are no longer friends. Nicole knows what she did, and that’s all I’m ever going to say about it.”

    The hotel heiress has given no reason for the split. She lobbied for Richie to be replaced by Rod Stewart’s 26-year-old daughter, Kimberly, but Fox dismissed that option.

    Richie, the 24-year-old daughter of Lionel Richie, became engaged to club DJ Adam Goldstein in February. Hilton, 24, earlier this month called off her engagement to Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis.

    Posted: October 13th, 2005
    Comments: none

    Paris Latsis praises ex-fiancee

    The engagement has been called off, but Paris Latsis has only kind words for his ex-fiancee, Paris Hilton.

    The 22-year-old Greek shipping heir called Hilton “the most incredible woman I have ever met in my life,” in a brief statement released Monday through Hilton publicist Elliott Mintz.

    “I respect her decision and appreciate the very kind and generous manner in which she is handling her very difficult decision,” Latsis said. “This was the best experience of my life and I will always be grateful for it.”

    Hilton, 24, announced over the weekend that she had ended their four-month engagement because she’s “not ready for marriage” and didn’t want it to end in divorce.

    There were earlier reports the two families had been concerned about Latsis’ lack of a job and Hilton’s busy social life.

    Latsis’ father, Gregoris Kasidokostas, declined Saturday to say why the couple had broken up, but earlier had called a wedding postponement “common sense,” according to People magazine’s Web site. Latsis “is young and he should wait (for marriage),” Kasidokostas told People last week.

    The couple became engaged in late May. Latsis gave the hotel heiress/reality TV star a 24-carat, $5 million diamond engagement ring.

    Posted: October 4th, 2005
    Comments: none

    Paris Hilton and Greek shipping heir call off engagement

    Paris Hilton has ended her five-month engagement to a Greek shipping heir, according to a published report.

    The celebutante-turned-model broke off the wedding plans with Paris Latsis, according to a report posted Friday on Us Weekly’s Web site, which quoted a statement it said Hilton released to the magazine.

    “I’m sad to announce that I’ve called off my engagement. Over the last couple months I’ve realized that this is the right decision for me. We remain best of friends, and I’ll always love him. I hope people will respect my privacy during this emotional time,” Hilton told the magazine.

    Hilton’s publicist did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press.

    Hilton, 24 and Latsis, 22, became engaged in the spring.

    “I’m so in love and grateful to have found such an honest and loyal person,” she told Us Weekly at the time. “I feel like we were meant to be, and I’m happy to have found someone to spend the rest of my life with. He’s amazing in every way.”

    Latsis gave the 24-year-old hotel heiress a 24 carat, $5 million diamond engagement ring. It was not immediately clear what would happen to the ring.

    Posted: October 1st, 2005
    Comments: none

    Paris Hilton hacker gets 11 months in jail

    A Massachusetts teenager who reportedly hacked into Paris Hilton’s cell phone account has been sentenced to 11 months in a juvenile facility. Celebrity phone numbers stored in Hilton’s cell phone were posted online when her account was hacked earlier this year.

    A Washington Post report on Wednesday identified Hilton as a victim of the 17-year-old Massachusetts boy. The boy is a juvenile under federal law. Prosecutors would not name him or confirm Hilton as a victim, citing federal law that keeps such information under seal in juvenile cases.

    The teenager was sentenced last week in U.S. District Court in Boston. He pleaded guilty before Judge Rya W. Zobel to nine counts of juvenile delinquency, prosecutors said.

    The charges included hacking into Internet and telephone service providers, theft of personal information and posting it on the Web, and making bomb threats to high schools in Florida and Massachusetts, all over a 15-month period. While in custody and during two years of supervised release, the teenager is prohibited from possessing or using any computer, cell phone or other equipment capable of accessing the Internet.

    Prosecutors said the teenager’s first crime was committed in March 2004, when he e-mailed a bomb threat to a Florida school. The school was closed for two days while officials investigated and ruled the threat a hoax. In January, the teenager hacked into T-Mobile’s computer system and looked up account information of its customers, including Hilton.

    This spring, he arranged “with one or more associates” to make a bomb threat to a Massachusetts school, prosecutors said. They said an investigation of the teen’s associates is continuing.

    Hilton, a hotel chain heiress whose sex tape with an ex-boyfriend became a cyberspace novelty, stars on Fox’s “The Simple Life.” The story was first reported on the Post’s Web site Tuesday. It said a washingtonpost.com reporter had a series of telephone and online communications between March and June with the teen, and that he admitted to the crimes for which he was sentenced. It did not publish his name.

    Posted: September 14th, 2005
    Comments: none

    Fox says ‘Simple Life’ to return with feuding Hilton and Richie

    Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie are stuck together for another season of “The Simple Life,” even if they’re not speaking to each other.

    Fox announced Thursday that the network has picked up the options on the contracts for both of the feuding friends for the fourth season of the reality show. Aside from the public rift between Hilton and Richie, Fox sees other fodder for on-screen sparks.

    “Given the fact that both Paris and Nicole are engaged and about to be married … there’s got to be something in that world,” said Fox Entertainment President Peter Liguori according to AP Radio.

    In April, Hilton issued a terse statement saying it was “no big secret that Nicole and I are no longer friends. Nicole knows what she did, and that’s all I’m ever going to say about it.”

    The hotel heiress gave no reason for the split. She also lobbied for Richie to be replaced by another friend of hers, Rod Stewart’s 25-year-old daughter, Kimberly.

    Liguori said he isn’t sure what direction they’ll be taking the show. In May, Hilton told The AP that the show may be headed to Hawaii because the network wanted to “sex it up.”

    Richie, the 23-year-old daughter of singer Lionel Richie, became engaged to club DJ Adam Goldstein in February. Hilton, 24, followed suit in late May with Greek shipping heir Paris Latsis.

    An air date for “The Simple Life 4” has not yet been set.

    Posted: July 29th, 2005
    Comments: none

    Paris Hilton has advice for mom

    Kathy Hilton, star of the new NBC series, I Want to Be a Hilton, asked her 24-year-old daughter, Paris, for tips about appearing on reality TV.

    Hilton, star of Fox’s The Simple Life, had this advice: “Be very careful not to look in the camera. Always be camera-ready. And don’t trust the producers,” her mother said.

    Kathy Hilton says Paris laughed when reminded that her father, real estate entrepreneur Rick Hilton, is one of the show’s producers.

    “I just told her to always know the camera’s there,” Paris Hilton told reporters recently, according to AP Radio. “And not say anything bad because there’s a microphone on you. And just to be yourself.”

    On I Want to Be a Hilton, set to debut Tuesday night, Kathy Hilton guides 14 young contestants through a variety of weekly challenges in the New York social scene, ranging from art and culture to beauty and fashion.

    Each week she eliminates those who “didn’t make the list.” The winner will receive a $200,000 trust fund.

    Kathy Hilton says she jumped at the chance to host her own reality TV show.

    “I didn’t even think about it. Why not? When I just heard all these fun things that I can do and take these people. That’s all I really thought about and then I thought, ‘Ooh, I’ve gotten myself into this, haven’t I?'” she said.

    Posted: June 21st, 2005
    Comments: none

    « Previous entries Next entries »