Alan Kalter’s Celebrity Interview with Paris Hilton
A little bonus from last week’s David Letterman show:
Posted: September 29th, 2008
Time: September 30, 2008, 2:37 pm
PARIS’ NEW SONG “MY BFF”
ITS FULL AND HQ! FUCKING HOT!
Time: September 30, 2008, 2:40 pm
NEWS OF HER NEW SONG IS SPREADING LIKE WILD FIRE!
SHE NAMED A FEW TRACKS LIKE “PLATINUM BLONDE” “PARIS FOR PRESIDENT” and “JAILHOUSE BABY”!!
Time: September 30, 2008, 2:54 pm
Ryan Seacrest interviewed Paris and aired her new song “My Best Friend” on KIIS-FM today. Hear both the song and interview here…
Time: September 30, 2008, 3:44 pm
Seacrest Intv News:
– Paris has been in contact with DJ AM since the plane crash, but apparently not Travis Barker.
– Seacrest saw “Repo!” with Paris. He says he liked it.
– Repo! Soundtrack is out on iTunes today (and she is correct, it is).
– Paris says she finished her album a couple of days ago.
– According to KIIS-FM the new song is actually entitled “My BFF.”
– As we all know, the new reality show “My BFF’ premiers tonight.
I made a HQ mp3 download. With the understanding of course that you will buy it when it is released, here ya go. It’a lready on youtube anyway. But this is copied from KIIS-FM. The quality kicks yt ass.
Time: September 30, 2008, 4:00 pm
– Album should be out soon, one would think. In this day and age of leaks, best to get it out ASAP.
– Paris’s voice is deeper on the new song than on her first album. She shows more range. That’s good. It barely sounds like her. Not as breathy or sexy as on the first album. Course it’s not a sexy song. It’s a snappy happy song. It’s produced well. Has a professional glossy sheen.
– Can’t call me a hater. I just gave you the song in HQ. And you can have it.
– I can barely care about the song or the show My BFF. I thought the promos were great, but the cast special was lame reality TV crap. The show is more about the crazy BFF candidates than about Paris. I’d rather see “The Simple Life 6.”
– The song could have been written or been done by anyone. No Paris references on it. The lyrics are vapid. No blood and guts, no pain and triumph, no depth to it. So sacarine. Could be a hit. With 12 yr old girls. “Best friends” will celebrate themselves with the song. “My BFF” is a chick song, like a chick flick. So I guess the first album was for the dudes like me. Which is fine. “My BFF” doesn’t touch any song on “Paris” IMHO. But maybe there’ll be more to the new album than this Rated G thing. Kylie Minogue would never release something as bland as this.
– To the music on Repo! and the song My BFF, I much prefer the apparent “faux song” called “Reinvent Yourself.” The singer sounds more like Paris than on MY BFF. I am hoping it turns out RY is actually on her new album. But if there’s nothing at all hot on it, so be it.
– I still hope My BFF is a big hit and I wish Paris all the success. She deserves it. I love her, even if here, loves it not.
Time: September 30, 2008, 4:25 pm
I know your opinion is very straightforward. That’s one thing I like about you, hehe!
You know what. I agree with you about the new reality show. It is not what I wanted from Paris. Like you said, it’s more about the candidates than Paris. Sadly, I have to agree with your opinion on the Special Casting. It was too “MTV” and not my type of show. Simple Life was a lot more funny and enjoyable, even though the show made a fool of Paris.
However, I disagree with you about the new song “My BFF”. It may be not be as good as the songs from her first album, but it is still very good song in my opinion. We’ll see what the new album (and show) is like.
As you said, we still need to support everything she does. This reality show is huge for her, so is the album.
Time: September 30, 2008, 5:06 pm
Thanks for not jumping down my throat, Enkil.
Sorry for venting. I am just so disappointed.
I wrote and supported Paris when she was in jail. And this is the end result!
She owes me zip.
Which is what the new song does for me.
I have tried, Enkil. I have listened to My BFF so many times, to see if it would get better. It makes me wish I was a pre-teen so I could get into it. Makes me think of the Disney channel. HQ Disney, I’ll grant you. It’s very well done fluff. It should go over well with most of the “special bus” crowd. She ought to donate the proceeds to the Special Olympics.
It’s better than Lindsay’s Bossy. I’ll grant you that. But that’s saying practically nothing.
Maybe it’s the weakest song on the new album. And there will be something on it I want and need. I am still holding out hope and expecting more.
FYI: The My BFF show –
I know of and am MySpace friends with one of the contestants, Zui Suicide, the girl in blue wearing a tiara in the promo pic. She was part of the Simple Life take-off duo, The Trashy Life, along with her partner Audrey Kitching aka Twigg Violence.
I loved them.
Zui was a more tattooed, and tougher version of Nicole. Zui can be very funny, but it looks like she loses it and threatens to kill someone in My BFF, so I know she will not win.
To begin with, I kind of got off topic.
The Kalter “intv” is totally wild. Talk about blood and guts and daring. It’s much more like “Paris” than “My BFF.” It’s better than Dave’s intv w/Paris.
Paris is a great sport here.
After Kalter brilliantly insulted her shoes, using Paris’s own “bitch” word, Paris was very quick back, saying it was OK, she knows Kalter doesn’t know fashion.
Time: September 30, 2008, 5:18 pm
PS I just can’t believe not a single person laughs at Paris’s line at the end the video. I’ve seen it several times and I still laugh.