Chaotic Paris Hilton Day Comes To An End

25 Hours Left For First Interview

Paris Hilton got out of jail Tuesday and immediately got back to being Paris Hilton, summoning a hair-salon van and, by her mere presence, creating a huge traffic jam that angered the neighbors.”There‘s not going to be a press conference today. I just spoke to Mr. Hilton. They have no plans to make any statement,” police Sgt. B. Anthony Roberts told reporters assembled outside the front gate of her grandparents‘ estate as the newly freed heiress kept a low profile inside.

“Delivery for Paris from Taco Bell,” one of two delivery people who arrived with bags of food said into the intercom outside the front gate.

Her transition back to celebutante started hours earlier when she was let out of jail shortly after midnight in a seedy section of Lynwood. Hilton managed to transform the event to almost the equivalent of a red-carpet arrival.

From there it was a quick drive to fashionable Holmby Hills, home to Playboy magazine founder Hugh Hefner among others, and a stop at her grandparents‘ house.

Hilton was scheduled to break her silence Wednesday night with an interview on CNN‘s “Larry King Live.”

A makeup artist arrived on foot with a little pushcart filled with cosmetics. A stylist also walked up to the gate carrying several designer bags filled with stuff.

“Oh please!” said retired attorney Martha Karsh who was out for a morning walk with her 21-year-old daughter, Katie, when she came upon the media onslaught. Until then, she said, she never knew a Hilton lived in the neighborhood.

“I‘m trying to get my daughter to her dance class,” an angry Mindy Mann said as she called police on her cell phone.

It was driving, not parking, irresponsibly that put Hilton in jail. She failed a field sobriety test after being stopped last September, then got caught twice driving with a suspended license while on probation for reckless driving.

She reported to jail June 3 after walking the red carpet at the MTV Movie Awards but was sent home under house arrest four days later after Sheriff Lee Baca said she developed psychological problems while in jail. Ordered back to the slammer by her sentencing judge, she remained locked up another 2 1/2 weeks.


Posted: June 26th, 2007
Comments: none